Nurse Case Manager for Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program
MCHC's Hillside Health Center in Ukiah, CA is currently seeking a regular, full-time Nurse Case Manager for Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Treatment program. The SUD Case Manager will be responsible for providing advocacy, guidance, and counseling to patients, while collaborating with the client and providers, during the structured recovery process under primary provider's care. The Case Manager will have a caseload assigned to them, as well as individual brief interventions in a primary care setting.
This position requires assisting patients with substance use disorders by breaking down barriers to care, motivating clients to actively participate in their own recovery process, assisting them in learning skills and gaining knowledge, and introducing them to the recovery process to improve their quality of life. This position also requires regular travel between MCHC's Ukiah and Willits sites.
The successful applicant will:
• Coordinate services necessary for patients to achieve and sustain recovery;
• Establish or enhance an integrated primary care / behavioral health model;
• Increase the number of patients screened for substance use disorders and connected to treatment via screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT);
• Increase the number of patients with health center funded access to medication assisted treatment for opioid use and other substance abuse disorders treatment.
For consideration, please complete on-line employment application at www.mchcinc.org, also e-mailing or faxing resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 468-0793 (fax).
Reports to: Care Coordination Program Manager
Position and Location Information:
• Valid State of California certificate of registration as a Licensed Vocational Nurse required.
• Knowledge of drug and alcohol treatment program models, stages of change and motivational interviewing a plus;
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated computer proficiency; Electronic Health Records experience preferred;
• Have and maintain a valid California Driver’s License. Must carry liability/bodily injury on automobile(s) used for work.
Mendocino Community Health Clinic, Inc.
Human Resources, Attn: David Akka
333 Laws Avenue
Ukiah, CA 95482
Mendocino Community Health Clinic, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com, or call (707) 468-2201.